Portland Coastal 10k 2021
07 November 2021
POSTPONED TO 7TH NOVEMBER DUE TO COVID
For 2021 and beyond, the route will have no specific markers relevant to the Portland Coastal Marathon. This is to ensure that we have the minimum possible impact on what is a beautiful and natural environment along the way.
You are expected to navigate the route yourself.
(for the 10k - the route will be marked at the point the route splits from the main coastal marathon)
WHAT YOU GET
- Portland Coastal Marathon bespoke finishers medal
- Trophies for first three male and female runners in each distance
- Energy refreshments at the checkpoints and finish line
- Experienced medical cover
- Friendly, personal assistants, advice and support
- Printed route map for navigation
- Chip Timing
- Free Professional Race Photos
- Portland Coastal Marathon Buff'thingy
- Also on offer:
- Technical Running T-shirt £10
To try and cut back on the waste produced by events we will not be supplying plastic water bottles or giving away tee shirts as bribes to enter – just simple good old honest races with amazing courses and locations, brilliant marshals to support you and an awesome medal and a buff'thingy at the finish.
We will also be stripping away the price tag too, only want to race? no worries – you get a cheaper entry, if you want a quality tee shirt as a souvenir and why wouldn't you, ours are top notch, then No worries, you can add one during the registration process.
If you still want to take part in the race below - Please Read On :)
The Race -
The Portland Coastal 10k will be taking place from the iconic Weymouth and Portland National Sailing Academy on Sunday 7th NOVEMBER 2021
Along with the 10k event there will be a Full marathon and a half distance so all abilities can take part in this festival of running in a what is possibly the most stunning of coastal trail locations.
The route follows the Portland section of the South West Coastal Path. The path is marked on fingerpost signs by an Acorn symbol and is a well trodden track for the majority of the way.
Basic principle for the half is ‘keep the sea on your left and the land on your right’ and you will not go far wrong. 10k, well, we may have to give you a sign or two to follow.
Please follow the route marked on your map. Deviating from the marked route on the map or taking shortcuts is not in the spirit of the event and could lead to potential disqualification.
You will have check in points at the feed stations, dotted around the island as usual, to make sure you have completed the entire course. This remains the same as previous years.
To download the course maps and GPX files for the 10k please visit this page.
The 10k does not have a mandatory kit list
For 2021 transfer of entries will be permitted up to and including 17 OCTOBER 2021 after that, too late.
How to transfer or edit your race entry
- Log into your www.fullonsport.com account using your email address and password
- Once you are logged in, click on your username and select ‘my entries’
- Now you can click edit against the event entry you would like to transfer or edit
- If a race organiser is allowing entry swaps, you can now edit all of the data fields with the new participants details taking your, however his entry will still stay under your Full On Sport account
- If a race organiser is not allowing swaps, you can only edit certain fields such as address and club
- Once you have made the changes click save and the entry is now transferred or edited
The Event Will Be Held Under The UK Athletics Rules
|10k Normal Entry Fee - Requires UKA URN||08-Mar-2020||24-Oct-2021||£22.00|
|Normal Entry Fee - Unattached Runner||08-Mar-2020||24-Oct-2021||£24.00|
Registration open from: 07:30:00