Portland Coastal 10k 2022
06 February 2022
For 2021 And Beyond, This Will Be A Self Navigation For A Majority Of The Event. Portland Coastal Marathon Aims To Have As Minimal Impact As Possible On What Is A Beautiful And Natural Environment Along The Way.
You are expected to navigate the route yourself.
WHAT YOU GET
- Portland Coastal Marathon bespoke finishers medal
- Trophies for first three male and female runners in each distance
- Energy refreshments at the checkpoints and finish line
- Experienced medical cover
- Friendly, personal assistants, advice and support
- Printed route map for navigation
- Chip Timing
- Free Professional Race Photos
- Portland Coastal Marathon Buff'thingy
- Also on offer:
- Technical Running T-shirt £10
The Race -
The Portland Coastal Marathon will be taking place from the iconic Weymouth and Portland National Sailing Academy on Sunday 6th February 2022
Along with the full distance event there will be a Half marathon and a 10k so all abilities can take part in this festival of running in a what is possibly the most stunning of coastal trail locations.
The route follows the Portland section of the South West Coastal Path. The path is marked on fingerpost signs by an Acorn symbol and is a well trodden track for the majority of the way.
Basic principle ‘keep the sea on your left and the land on your right’ for loop 1 and the opposite for loop 2 and you will not go far wrong.
Please follow the route marked on your map. Deviating from the marked route on the map or taking shortcuts is not in the spirit of the event and could lead to potential disqualification.
You will have check in points at the feed stations, dotted around the island as usual, to make sure you have completed the entire course. This remains the same as previous years.
To download the course maps and GPX files for the 10k please visit this page.
The 10k does not have a mandatory kit list
For 2022 transfer of entries will be permitted up to and including 5th January 2022 after that, too late as we need to post the race numbers.
How to transfer or edit your race entry
- Log into your www.fullonsport.com account using your email address and password
- Once you are logged in, click on your username and select ‘my entries’
- Now you can click edit against the event entry you would like to transfer or edit
- If a race organiser is allowing entry swaps, you can now edit all of the data fields with the new participants details taking your, however his entry will still stay under your Full On Sport account
- If a race organiser is not allowing swaps, you can only edit certain fields such as address and club
- Once you have made the changes click save and the entry is now transferred or edited
The Event Will Be Held Under The UK Athletics Rules
RULE 141 S 5 UKA – TRAIL RUNNING states
Maximum distances permitted under this rule are as follows: Age 17 - 25,000m Age 18-19 - 45,000m Age 20 and over. - No maximum distance
Registration open from: 07:30:00