Portland Coastal 10k 2023
12 February 2023
For 2021 and beyond, the Full and Half route will have no specific markers relevant to the Portland Coastal Marathon.
This is to ensure that we have the minimum possible impact on what is a beautiful and natural environment along the way - for the 10k - the route will be marked at the point the route splits from the main coastal marathon.
You are expected to navigate the route yourself.
Here is the GPX for you to download to your garmin
OR HERE - https://www.komoot.com/tour/560470649
WHAT YOU GET
- Portland Coastal Marathon bespoke finishers medal
- Trophies for first three male and female runners in each distance
- Energy refreshments at the checkpoints and finish line
- Experienced medical cover
- Friendly, personal assistants, advice and support
- Printed route map for navigation
- Chip Timing
- Free Professional Race Photos
- Portland Coastal Marathon Buff'thingy
Also on offer through checkout - Technical Running T-shirt £10
The Race -
The Portland Coastal Marathon will be taking place from the iconic Weymouth and Portland National Sailing Academy on Sunday 12th February 2023
Along with the 10k event there will be a Full marathon and a half distance so all abilities can take part in this festival of running in a what is possibly the most stunning of coastal trail locations.
The route follows the Portland section of the South West Coastal Path. The path is marked on fingerpost signs by an Acorn symbol and is a well trodden track for the majority of the way.
Basic principle for the half is ‘keep the sea on your left and the land on your right’ and you will not go far wrong. 10k, well, we may have to give you a sign or two to follow.
Please follow the route marked on your map. Deviating from the marked route on the map or taking shortcuts is not in the spirit of the event and could lead to potential disqualification.
You will have timing check in points at the feed stations, dotted around the island as usual, to make sure you have completed the entire course. This remains the same as previous years.
To download the course maps and GPX files for the 10k please visit this page.
The 10k does not have a mandatory kit list
For 2023 transfer of entries will be permitted up to and including 5 February 2023 after that, too late.
How to transfer or edit your race entry
- Log into your www.fullonsport.com account using your email address and password
- Once you are logged in, click on your username and select ‘my entries’
- Now you can click edit against the event entry you would like to transfer or edit
- You can now edit all of the data fields with the new participants details taking your, however his/her entry will still stay under your Full On Sport account
- Once you have made the changes click save and the entry is now transferred or edited
The Event Will Be Held Under The UK Athletics Rules
RULE 141 S 5 UKA – TRAIL RUNNING states
Maximum distances permitted under this rule are as follows: Age 17 - 25,000m Age 18-19 - 45,000m Age 20 and over. - No maximum distance
Registration open from: 09:30:00