Portland Coastal Marathon 2024
11 February 2024
Please ENTER HERE FOR THIS EVENT
This page no longer takes your entry
For 2021 and beyond, the route will have no specific markers relevant to the Portland Coastal Marathon.
This is to ensure that we have the minimum possible impact on what is a beautiful and natural environment along the way.
You are expected to navigate the route yourself.
Here is the GPX for you to download to your garmin
WHAT YOU GET
- Portland Coastal Marathon bespoke finishers medal
- Trophies for first three male and female runners in each distance
- Energy refreshments at the checkpoints and finish line
- Experienced medical cover
- Friendly, personal assistants, advice and support
- Printed route map for navigation
- Chip Timing
- Free Professional Race Photos
- Portland Coastal Marathon Buff'thingy
You will receive an email asking if you would like a tee shirt closer to the event - Technical Running T-shirt cost £10
The Race -
The Portland Coastal Marathon will be taking place from the iconic Weymouth and Portland National Sailing Academy on Sunday 11th February 2024
Along with the full distance event there will be a Half marathon and a 10k so all abilities can take part in this festival of running in a what is possibly the most stunning of coastal trail locations.
The route follows the Portland section of the South West Coastal Path. The path is marked on fingerpost signs by an Acorn symbol and is a well trodden track for the majority of the way.
Basic principle ‘keep the sea on your left and the land on your right’ for loop 1 and the opposite for loop 2 and you will not go far wrong.
Please follow the route marked on your map. Deviating from the marked route on the map or taking shortcuts is not in the spirit of the event and could lead to potential disqualification.
You will have check in points at the feed stations, dotted around the island as usual, to make sure you have completed the entire course. This remains the same as previous years.
To download the course maps and GPX files for the Marathon please visit this page.
This is a No Kit NO Race event, please read all of the information before entering, you will have random spot checks of your mandatory kit, if you are found not to have it you will be DQ'd - this is for your own and others safety and it really isn't very much to carry.
It's called "Mandatory," because you must carry it with you. Yes, you can drink your fluids and eat your food. No, you may not ditch your kit with a friend or under a hedge. All participants must carry the following mandatory kit during this race. Trail racing is hazardous, but not as hazardous as abandoning the race without a way to stay warm until help can arrive.
Kit checks will/may precede race start.
Random kit checks will/may happen during the race and finish. ALL TOP TEN FINISHERS MALE/FEMALE WILL BE CHECKED.
Participants found to be without the required kit will not be allowed to start and will not be entitled to a refund.
Finishers found to be without the required kit will be disqualified and will not be entitled to a refund.
It's a simple rule we follow, NO KIT = NO NUMBER, NO RESULT, NO REFUND.
- MANDATORY KIT LIST
- Drink container(s) of 500ml capacity or greater.
- Windproof jacket - waterproof is advisable
- Emergency nutrition (a gel, energy bar, some sweets, etc.)
- Head covering (hat, multi-use covering, hood)
- Mobile phone, waterproofed in a bag, charged, on, and with volume up
- Foil blanket or full-sized bin liner
- SMALL First aid kit, including tape (micropore, zinc oxide, flexible, or similar) plasters blister plasters small wound dressing (absorbent pad with a gauze bandage)
Refund & Deferral FAQ’s
This is what we hear all the time
- I’ve broken my ?????? - I want my money back
- I forgot I’d booked this - I want my money back
- My wife/husband has double booked the day - I want my money back
- What a waste of my entry fee! - its not my fault I didn’t do any training or learnt to swim or run or ride or read the race brief or website!!! I want my money back!!!!
Well, you see, its not our fault that you can no longer turn up to race we’ve heavily invested in with your entry fees either - we are not in charge of your poor admin or you being a clumsy twonk out training!
So what’s your options -
Can I get a refund - Unfortunately no, NOT under any circumstances - Refunds don't help with our cashflow, admin tasks, or hidden refund costs and our already sunk in to the event organising costs - put simply - refunds are not an option.
Can I defer to next year? - Unfortunately no, NOT under any circumstances - deferred entries just kick our financial problem into the future for us and many other event organisers - thus causing havoc a year later.
So what can I do if I can no longer make the event? - Thats simple and really easy - entry swaps - this means you will now be able to sell or pass on your entries to others, even up to a week before the event without any admin charges from us.
For all events starting in 2023 you can now enter a BustinSkin Events race knowing that your entry fee won't go to waste - you can sell, swap, pass on, encourage, and support the races going ahead and it's completely up to you how to do that.
A friend might be able to give you the money for it, or your club might be able to share the entry and someone else on the day pick it up.
As long as the ‘New’ participant registers the swap officially within the allotted time scales (swaps will close one week out from the event for admin reasons) then it enables a more flexible approach to race entries for everyone.
Events keep the money to be able to put the event on, and a runner/triathlete gets to take part in a race - it's a win-win.
In fact - we encourage people who can't make the race to swap to someone who can, and not waste the entry fee - this means we get more numbers turning up for events and a better race feel for everyone.
Transfer of entries will be permitted up to and including 4 February 2024
How to transfer or edit your race entry
- Log into your www.fullonsport.com account using your email address and password
- Once you are logged in, click on your username and select ‘my entries’
- Now you can click edit against the event entry you would like to transfer or edit
- You can now edit all of the data fields with the new participants details taking your, however his/her entry will still stay under your Full On Sport account
- Once you have made the changes click save and the entry is now transferred or edited
The Event Will Be Held Under The UK Athletics Rules
RULE 141 S 5 UKA – TRAIL RUNNING states
Maximum distances permitted under this rule are as follows: Age 17 - 25,000m Age 18-19 - 45,000m Age 20 and over. - No maximum distance
Registration open from: 07:00:00